Thank you.

If you can pass my grammar errors and typos , then , you could enjoy my blog. I am not very good at writing, yet I write from my heart. You will know a little bit of me and the things that I treasure most in my life.
Thank you so much for visiting and for your grace and patience with me.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Prov. 16:6

"Through truth and mercy sin is atoned for; through the fear of the Lord, a man avoids evil." Prov. 16:6


When I was a teenager, I did not get into too much trouble, I was a "good girl", not so much for the desire to want to please God and wanting to live a holy life for Him, but for the fear of the consequences I would get when I get home and my parents would found out. That fear, stopped me from doing many things.


Now a mom of 2 boys more mature than I was then, older spiritually, and hopefully wiser, I am stopped from sinning because I do want to live a holy life, I do want to please Him. But also I am still moved by that fear, fear not to be caught by my parents or my husband but by God. The fear that I do not want to offend my Father, the fear that I do not want to experience God's anger but His mercy.


When I am disciplining my kids, I need every day to discipline them in a way that is pleasing to Him, in a way that He demands from me. So that I will not be a stumbling block for them or my husband. But that I will follow the model given by Him for me.


"Through truth and mercy, sin is atoned for"..I need to have mercy , the same way God had mercy on me. So how do I correct sin?. By speaking truth and showing mercy!. By being patient, repeating a lesson many times, showing compassion when they struggle, and speaking truth to their lives. Reminding them how to walk in God's way and how to persevere. The fear of the Lord will be given to them so that they will avoid evil.


In my life, reading God's word faithfully, showing mercy and speaking truth, must be a priority, or a second priority but first always!. My so treasured sins, the ones I am so used to living with and those that a fear so much to let go, instead of fearing God alone and believe Him and His goodness and mercy than my own comfort. Fear the Lord and I will avoid evil. Fear Him only, the One who is slow to anger but great in mercies.

No comments: