One of my many blessings ...
I have surrounded myself trough out my life with godly women, and it has been a great blessing to me. It helped me to grow and mature in different areas. And as I grew older, I was very careful on who was going to be close to me, because I knew the influence a friend can have on a person.
- Be careful to pick your friends well. Pick those you admire in some way. They will have mistakes, but those traits that you admire and want to learn, pay close attention to those!
- Be friends of those you can talk about the Lord freely. That you can be excited to share what you read last night and to hear what she read last night. What the Lord is dealing with you.
- Avoid those women that complain easily, they will drag you down very quickly. They could be very nice people, but complaining ones are very damaging to a friendship.
- If they speak well of their husbands and love their children... stick to them! It is contagious!
- Are they passionate about the Lord or they love to read good doctrine, learn from them.
- Can you laugh with them? or is it all serious all the time? For me, I love to have a good laugh, have a tea, some munchies, paint my nails crazy and just have fun. Yet with the same person, I can pray the next second.
- Some friends will be those that you see very often, some you will see once in a while, but friends that are worth keeping, keep! make an effort to continue their friendship, learn the good, find the good, admire them, keep them in your prayers so that the Lord bless them so that you may continue to be blessed through them.
- Do you disagree doctrinally with some? it is OK!, they will encourage you to seek the Scriptures on hard topics. Do they ask you about your heart? Do they motivate you to learn more?, then, keep them!
- One important thing, LEARN from them. Do not be so quick to be the one who want to "teach" them, but look for the things you need to learn and be humble enough to learn from them.
- Share them ... do not be so possessive over your friends that it becomes a burden to them or to you.
- Over the years, I have had many friends that have influenced my life greatly, I could name each and the things they have taught me.. I have thought of writing a post on it, yet I am afraid it will be so long and that I will miss someone! The list is growing.. and some of those friends have been in my life for so little time, and yet, I still remember the impact in my life. Yet I might write the names with the blessing they have been to me in a note book, so I can add people as I remember them.
What a great book of thanks giving that will be!
So to all my friends and sisters, that have impacted my life and to help me grow and to love me in spite of me, for praying and for being so patient with me all these years, and for my newer friends that I am so blessed to know now (some not in person yet) thank you!