Thank you.

If you can pass my grammar errors and typos , then , you could enjoy my blog. I am not very good at writing, yet I write from my heart. You will know a little bit of me and the things that I treasure most in my life.
Thank you so much for visiting and for your grace and patience with me.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Words from a mom

Being a mom has taught me a great deal. It challenges every area of my life every day with no break.. from my time alone with God to submission to my husband. Here is where the fruits of the Spirit are evident or not, where my testimony shows to be real or just a show. It is here, where all my doctrine and believes becomes more that words. This is the place, where will reflect whether what I have, is just religion or true holiness.

But God in his sovereign wisdom, gave me these kids and my prayer is that He will give us the wisdom and the grace to teach us the things that we need to know, to train up this children in the way they should go. It is as a mom that I have understood the need to pray: "increase my faith".

So as a mom, I pray for them, and I will write some things for them that I have learnred and I hope they will never forget , but that their lives will be guided by them:

- Create the good habit of private prayer. Being in the presence of the Lord alone, watching jealously over your faith, it is here where growth takes place and on your knees are where battles are won.

- We are very close to the end. A few more winters, a few more summers, a few more fights to fight and it will be all over, we will have to fight no more. So be brave, we are not far from home! and the price awaiting those who persevere... is worth the wait.

- Holiness is the habit of being of one mind with God , it is the habit of agreeing in God's judgement, hating what God hates, loving what he loves, and measuring everything in this world by the standard of His word. Work at it and may this be your standard of living.... less than this, you are cheating yourselves.

- We all will be accountable to Him one day, don't waste your life in the vanities of this world, don't get into bad habits that will separate you from Him... but prepare your souls to kneel one day before your God and hear the most beautiful words you will ever hear: "my good and faithful servant". Let that be your goal and finish the race as a soldier of the King.

And this , and many other lessons that we teach at home, I had to write something to this future men of God to encourage them in this race where they are not alone, but not many will finish. May God give them the grace to persevere until the end. And give me as a mom, the wisdom and the godly character where my testimony will speak greater than my words.




2 comments:

Becky said...

Gracias por desempolvar esta entrada. Gracias por enseñarme siempre a vivir una vida de acuerdo a lo que el Señor nos demanda.
Voy a marcar esta entrada para leerla más seguido...
te quiero mucho!

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

Thank you, sister....

Jesus spoke to me through your words today....

Humbly grateful...
Ann